Saturday, October 4, 2014

the new beginning

I'm guessing a new post is in order to say a few words about how the new job at Edward Jones is going.  This week was my first "full" week at work and I'm not gonna lie, it's an adjustment just getting used to the working schedule and not being home to take care of the house, meals, run errands, etc.  But I have to say it is nice working 8-4 and being able to bring the kids to school and getting home just shortly after they come home off the bus.  For now I'm working 4 days a week but I am really thinking about going full-time starting in February for several different reasons.  They really need a full-time employee about then so if I decide to stay part-time I'd have to be a substitute and work for all 4 branches in our town which doesn't sound as good.  Also, working fulltime I'd get a lot better benefits and better pay.  So for now, it is nice to work almost full 4 days to see how I can handle it and to see if it's too much. 

So far it's been ok and my busyness is not so much from working but from having 2 kids to do homework with every day. :)  Kade does his on his own, but now it is Kason and Ani to do their homework, work on spelling and reading every night and on the days we have something going on it can be pretty stressful.  But we just have to get into a routine and it will be ok.  Another big transition is getting myself ready. :)  It is funny, but it's been so long since I had to dress up for work every day and it's not fun for me.  Until now I just had to worry about one nice outfit per week which would be for church but now it is almost every day and it's not easy when most of my outfits include jeans which are never allowed at work.  When I was subbing I was at least able to wear jeans and anything so I feel like my wardrobe just shrunk by a lot. :)

The work itself is going great, it is a lot to absorb and learn but it is really nice that I worked in the financial planning firm before and it is all coming back to me.  Of course, they do every procedure very differently, using totally different system, so there's a lot of training and learning but it's going well.  The days fly by very quickly which is nice and the people there are very nice too.  In comparison to any other place I worked at, this office is very quiet because it is only 4 of us there so that is one difference but it is still plenty busy.  I really like how flexible they are with me and how understanding they are about taking time off or leaving early if I need to go get the kids and that's the only reason working full-time doesn't seem so bad.  But I'll have to see how it all goes when I'm there a little bit longer.

All in all, I feel very blessed to have this opportunity just fall in my lap, quite literally.  I would have never imagined I could find a job like this here in TRF and I hope I'm able to do a good job there.  Ehren has been great too and very supportive which is so helpful.  He too has to adapt to me working and not being able to do everything I was doing before so it is a change for all of us.  But no matter how hard some days are, I believe this is where God wants me right now and it will work out.  I am also thankful to Him for an opportunity to get to know people outside my little circle of church/school mom friends and hopefully be able to reach out to them in the near future.







 
  

1 comment:

  1. Esti, tešíme sa s Tebou a modlíme sa každý deň, aby sa Ti ( Vám ) darilo.

    ReplyDelete